Flourish visits are happening across the country and in 2018 they can be found in the following communities: Riverside, Soshanguve, Garankuwa, Mamelodi, Laudium, Kwa-Thema, Tsakane, Vosloorus, Katlehong, Alexandra, Yeoville, Johannesburg CBD, Clayville, Atteridgeville, Soweto, Thembisa, Diepsloot (Gauteng); Worcester, Khayelitsha (Western Cape); Mopane, Glen Cowie, Capricorn District, Polokwane, Sekhukhune (Limpopo); Nkomazi, Kanyamazane, Sibange & Siyabuswa (Mpumalanga); Mdantsane, Mqanduli & East London (Eastern Cape).
Are you a pregnant mom or expectant dad, looking for a Flourish community near you? Email us on email@example.com and we will put you in touch with a franchisee in your area.
Are you a Community Health Worker interested in joining the Champions for Children Club? Email us on championsforchildren@
Do you want to be a Grow Great Champion in your community?
- Spread the word that 1 in 4 children in South Africa are stunted.
- Tell your friends and family how important it is that children get healthy food and safe, loving environments to grow and reach their full potential.
- Support and celebrate pregnant women in your community, and protect their rights to breastfeed anywhere, anytime (including in the workplace!).
- Support and encourage mothers to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months.
- Encourage parents to add eggs to their children’s diets from age six months.
- Hold our leaders accountable to providing communities with the basic services e.g. good quality water & sanitation that are essential for growing a nation of greatness.
Do you want to be a Grow Great Champion and be part of the generation that brings stunting down to zero?
- Ensure commitment and coordination between government ministries, business and civil society to focus on reducing stunting.
- Ensure healthy pregnancies – through strengthening the health system and remove barriers to high quality antenatal and postnatal care.
- Protect mothers from breastfeeding anywhere, anytime and defend their right to breastfeed in workplaces.
- Ensure access to clean water and sanitation for all of South Africa’s children and communities.
- Remove barriers to early uptake of the child support grant.