Flourish visits are happening across the country and in 2018 they can be found in the following communities:
- Johannesburg CBD
- Diepsloot (Gauteng)
- Khayelitsha (Western Cape)
- Glen Cowie
- Capricorn District
- Sekhukhune (Limpopo)
- Sibange & Siyabuswa (Mpumalanga)
- Mqanduli & East London (Eastern Cape)
Are you a Community Health Worker interested in joining the Champions for Children Club? Email us on email@example.com and we will tell you how. Are you a Community Health Worker seeking more information on how to improve the health of children in your community? Please Send us an SMS to 071 861 5795 and we will call you back within 48 hours during weekdays.
Do you want to be a Grow Great Champion in your community?
- Spread the word that 1 in 4 children in South Africa are stunted.
- Tell your friends and family how important it is that children get healthy food and safe, loving environments to grow and reach their full potential.
- Support and celebrate pregnant women in your community, and protect their rights to breastfeed anywhere, anytime (including in the workplace!).
- Support and encourage mothers to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months.
- Encourage parents to add eggs to their children’s diets from age six months.
- Hold our leaders accountable to providing communities with the basic services e.g. good quality water & sanitation that are essential for growing a nation of greatness.
Do you want to be a Grow Great Champion and be part of the generation that brings stunting down to zero?
- Ensure commitment and coordination between government ministries, business and civil society to focus on reducing stunting.
- Ensure healthy pregnancies – through strengthening the health system and remove barriers to high quality antenatal and postnatal care.
- Protect mothers right to breastfeed anywhere, anytime and defend their right to breastfeed in workplaces.
- Ensure access to clean water and sanitation for all of South Africa’s children and communities.
- Remove barriers to early uptake of the child support grant.